Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Reflection 12

The End is Near.....


So the end of this class has come. Just a final and we are done with 276. This last week of class my group had the opportunity to go teach the sixth grade class.

We taught them about Innovation and how they can improve anything as long as they are willing to go outside the box and go through the steps. We first had them think of things that they can invent. At first they couldn't think of anything and there was silence in the room. But then we changed the question and asked what is something they know of that could be improved. After they brainstormed things like flavored envelopes and things like that we asked them to think of things in their school and we gave each group a camera and had them go around and take pictures of the things in their school. I thought it would take too long for them to find 3 things to improve. They surprised me and had found things in less than the time we gave them. WE then had them brainstorm how to improve those things. These kids were really impressive and smart. It is amazing how much they know and how much you can see which kids take on which role with just being with them for an hour.

After teaching and spending time with these kids, I have realized that after teaching you grow to appreciate them and want them to succeed. I think that teaching is definitely a trade off career. We don't get paid as much as other degree earning careers but we have the opportunity to teach and inspire everyday. I think after teaching this semester and interacting with different types of people I have found that making less doesn't bother me as much. I feel lucky to be apart of this major and have the opportunity to do something that I love everyday!

No comments:

Post a Comment