Monday, November 29, 2010

Reflection 11

Well this last week we have just been planning for teaching the sixth graders and getting that all ready to go. But I also went over the final exam for this class. WOW!!! There is a lot of stuff on there that I didn't know. But looking over the books I have already read this semester it made me think about how if students are just given books to read then they don't really get as much out of the book unless they are given things to look for. I know in college we must try to get all we can out of things. But now I understand why in High school we were given worksheets that go along with the readings. It helps you recall information at that moment and not have to recall at a later time where it would be longer since reading it. So now experiencing how hard it has been to study for this final I will incorporate things to help my students know the information better. And it is true I could have filled out the final exam as I went along but I guess since it is called the final exam it always feels like it is so far away and it will never come. Another lesson learned.

No comments:

Post a Comment