Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Reflection 8

Well this week i have been able to watch others as they Teach their STLs. I find it very interesting and I learn a lot about different ways of teaching and how my teaching style is different of similar to others. One thing that was interesting for me was the difference between people who did not do activities to those who did. I think it is is important to have a formal teaching time where information is given in the traditional way where the teacher talks and the students participate either by answering questions or taking notes. But I also believe it is very important to do some sort of activity to bring the information to life.

Like today when Greg was teaching and talking about the pre manufactured homes. I wasn't that interested at first but when we did the activity it made me excited and the activity had a purpose to show how different materials matter when building certain things and it its more efficient to have all the pieces ready to go. I think this really helped his lesson and help us as his students see the point he was trying to get across.

I think activities have their purpose and their place in a class. It shouldn't be all activities but it also shouldn't be all lecture and note taking. It really can help the students enjoy a class more and remember the information taught.

No comments:

Post a Comment