Thursday, September 16, 2010

Reflection 2

This last week in class there are many things that have been brought to my mind that have really made me think about teaching and how I want to teach and the certain things I want to implement into my classroom.
In the Wong book, I found that there were many little things that a teacher can do that can make a huge difference for the effectiveness of their teaching. For any job the way you dress can tell a lot about you and people will either respect you or not for how you carry yourself. I remember how my teachers dressed and carried themselves. The ones whose clothes were not ironed and they never got up from their desk were the teachers who had little effect on me. I think it is important to me that I will show to my students that I want to be there to teach and to learn with them and I will do that by preparing myself not only with my lesson plans but with how I dress and act and greet them.
Also this week I really enjoyed talking about the different categories of teaching. One that really made me interested to incorporate into my own way of teaching is the non-linear or self-paced learning. I think this way of letting the students learn on their own time at their own pace will help them want to learn it more and they will learn to love whatever it is they are learning. I believe this way proposes a more challenging way to teach but a more rewarding one as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment